We are pleased to announce that Hamari Chemicals, Ltd.’s fully owned manufacture sites Yonezawa Hamari Chemicals, Ltd. and Chitose Hamari Chemicals, Ltd., will be merged as one corporate entity HAMARI PFST, Ltd. on July 16, 2021. “PFST” stands for Pharmaceuticals, Food, Services and Technology.
The merger and integration of our subsidiaries will strengthen our research and development, production technology, and quality management capabilities, and will greatly contribute to further developments of our business.
After the merger date, Hamari PFST, Ltd. will take over all debts, liabilities and obligations of Yonezawa Hamari Chemicals, Ltd. and Chitose Hamari Chemicals, Ltd.
Hamari in Japan will observe the Japanese May Holidays on April 29 and from May 3 to 5.
“Zinc and respiratory tract infections: Perspective for COVID-19 (Review)” is an international collaborative review from Germany, Greece, Norway, Russia and USA academies, centers, colleges, hospitals, institutes and universities (Int. J. Mol. Med., 46: 17-26, 2020). In this in-depth review, the authors suggested that modulation of zinc status may be beneficial in COVID-19. The SARS-CoV-2 virus is the cause of the COVID-19 pandemic leading to lung diseases, namely pneumonia, ARDS (very severe pneumonia) and ventilator-induced injuries.
- Zinc works on the mucus lung cells by activating the removal of the virus and also inducing barrier activation, and therefore, the virus is prevented from penetrating deeper inside the body.
- Zinc may prevent viral replication before the viral uncoding and before the viral transcription stages.
- Zinc may boost antiviral activities by upregulating IFNα.
- COVID-19 induces inflammation that aggravates the disease state. Zinc limits excessive inflammatory responses thereby preventing the devastative cytokine storm.
- Bacterial co-infection from viral pneumonia is a commonly high risk. Zinc induces inhibition of Streptococcus pneumonia growth via modulation of bacterial Mn(II) homeostasis.
- High COVID-19 mortality and zinc deficiency share the same risk factors: ageing, immune deficiency and metabolic diseases (obesity, diabetes, atherosclerosis, etc.). The authors concluded that zinc supplementation may have beneficial effects in modulating at least some of the risk factors for high COVID-19 mortality.
Hamari Chemicals, Ltd. is the inventor and manufacturer of a zinc supplement, PepZinGI.
Disclaimer: The text and illustration were composed under fair use law as a summary of a scientific review titled, “Zinc and respiratory tract infections: Perspective for COVID-19 (Review)” published in Int. J. Mol. Med., 46: 17-26, 2020.
Hamari Chemicals, Ltd. and its co-authored Professor Soloshonok and Professor Han was granted the Symmetry 2021 Best Paper Award!
Convenient Asymmetric Synthesis of Fmoc-(S)-6,6,6-Trifluoro-Norleucine.
Symmetry 2019, 11, 578. DOI: 10.3390/sym11040578
In the research article, we reported a simple high-stereoselective and high-yield synthesis method for fluorine-containing unnatural amino acids using the alkylation reaction of Soloshonok-type chiral glycine equivalent.
By establishing an efficient general synthesis method for the title compound, which is one of the important fluorine-containing unnatural amino acids, a stable supply of this unnatural amino acid was achieved. By incorporating this amino acid into peptide synthesis, the manufacture of peptides with antitumor and antibacterial properties were successful. This advancement in synthesis is expected to contribute to the development of new drugs such as fluorine-containing peptide drugs that will dramatically improve enzyme inhibitory activity.
News Release from the Publisher
Hamari would not have the resources to contribute to science and technology by publishing research studies and disclosing new technologies and knowledge in patents without your continued business
Hamari’s List of Publications